Thursday, September 25, 2008

Giving Myself a Break

Working full time an hour away from home with two small kids isn't easy. But what makes it even tougher is trying to do that and keep everything perfect at home. Dinner made, laundry done, house clean, giving baths, etc. all while spending quality time with both kids is pretty much impossible. So I'm giving myself a break. Lately I have been trying to not to worry about everything so much. I'm so busy trying to keep everything perfect that I'm missing what really matters- spending time with my family. And don't get me wrong, Eric does his fair share, but there's always something else that needs to be done. So whatever I can get done, I get done. If not, I don't worry about it. And the best part? Eric doesn't care either way. :)

S

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good For You!!! It's impossible to do everything (as I am learning) and family is by far the most important!

KDoug said...

Perfect thought process. I agree. My house is so not clean, but I don't care because I get to run around the house with Peyton and make more of a mess. She won't remember whether our house was clean or not when she gets older, but she will remember how much fun she had with Mommy and Daddy and Grandpa!